We welcome and support our transfer students.
Joining a college community that is the right fit for you is a smart way to pursue your educational goals and career interests. At St. Edward’s, we’re committed to making your transition to our vibrant community as smooth as possible. We want you to feel at home on the hilltop!
From the moment you enroll at St. Edward’s, and throughout your first semester, a transfer success coach will assist you as you adjust to life on the hilltop. You will meet with your success coach before and at Orientation, and as often as you need to during the semester. Your success coach will make sure you are aware of — and know how to access — the personalized support services we offer transfer students. Here is an overview of what you can expect:
Advising and Registration Assistance
- During your initial advising and registration meeting:
- Welcome you to campus!
- Discuss intentions for your major and career path, as well as your aspirations on and beyond the hilltop (internships, graduate school, on campus involvement, etc.)
- Discuss the details of transferring your credits to St. Edward's, how they will be applied to your chosen major's degree plan, and review all of your incoming coursework to ensure we are maximizing the amount of degree applicable credits.
- Be advised and register, with your success coach, for courses in upcoming term
- Begin taking advantage of two campus partners by meeting with them after your initial advising and registration appointment: Career and Professional Development (to talk about your academic plan and life aspirations) and Student Financial Services (to review your financial aid package and college expenses).
- We encourage all of our incoming transfer students to join us for Transfer Orientation to learn more about the St. Edward's campus, way of life and resources available to all. For more information on orientation, please visit their website.
- During your time here on the hilltop, your success coach will be your go-to person, along with a dedicated faculty advisor.
- Looking for extra help with a tough course? Your success coach can connect you to our academic support services, such as peer tutoring, supplemental instruction, or the Math Lab and the Writing Center.
- One of the best ways to stay on top of your class assignments (and avoid coursework stress) is to practice good study habits. Your success coach can show you how to sharpen your study and time management skills.
Getting Involved on Campus
From leadership activities to community service to club sports, whatever your interests, you can explore them at St. Edward’s. Your success coach can assist you to get in touch with students and staff in offices across campus, such as Student Activities, Diversity and Inclusion, Campus Ministry, and Recreation and Wellness, who will welcome your involvement.