Engage with faculty, students, and alumni at a school event
Throughout the year, The Bill Munday School of Business hosts events to provide students with relevant skills and career experiences, connect them with Austin business leaders, and create a strong, engaging community they can join as Hilltopper alumni. If you have any questions about events, contact Outreach Coordinator, Madison Wells.
A conversation between the Dean and C-level executives who are influential in the Austin business ecosystem. These sessions include a series of questions regarding the executives' leadership and management styles, career paths, company vision, advice for students, and other relevant topics. After the Q&A session, students and audience members are invited to ask questions of their own.
Co-hosted by the Graduate Business Student association and moderated by Interim-Dean Louise Single.
3 Day Startup
Friday, September 23 - Sunday, September 25 | On-Campus
An intensive, hands-on entrepreneurship education program that provides students with the tools to formulate and execute their budding business ideas. Invite a colleague, meet new friends and register for 3DS where students have the opportunity to:
- Meet fellow Hilltoppers to form a team
- Conduct customer discovery, test hypotheses, apply lean methodology, and receive feedback from mentors and peers
- Network with Austin business professionals
- Develop and deliver strong pitches before a panel of entrepreneurship experts
- Have the inside track to the iChallenge Ideas for Innovation Pitch Competition in November
iChallenge on The Hilltop
The year-long entrepreneurship event that simply starts with an idea. Pitch your unique concept, be paired with a community mentor, and compete at the Annual Business Plan Competition for cash prizes. This event is open to all registered St. Edward’s students.
- Ideas for Innovation: Present your unique concept to entrepreneurs and community leaders at iChallenge on the Hilltop: Ideas for Innovation-- a pitch competition open to students from all majors. Pitches are a maximum of 2 minutes. The idea can take the form of non-profit business, app, product, or service. Pitches will be made to a panel of judges. The top 15 ideas will automatically move to the Business Plan Competition.
- Meet your Mentor: As a precursor to iChallenge: Business Plan Competition, this event allows students to network with potential community mentors to assist them in developing a well-rounded business plan to present at the business plan competition.
- Build-A-Business: Join this session to discuss different components of building a business. From marketing to financials, learn about the key elements that make for a successful venture. Students will also receive the criteria needed to create a winning slide deck.
- Business Plan Competition: Students will make their way to Capital Factory and pitch their final business plans to a panel of judges. The judging panel is made up of entrepreneurial experts from the community. Families, friends, and faculty are all invited to attend the event. The top three presentations will be awarded with cash prizes!
This event is free and open to all registered students, graduate and undergraduate, of all majors!
Accounting Retreat: Meet the Firms
Worried about navigating an uncertain job market? We've got you covered at the 2022 Accounting Retreat. Join the Accounting Club, MSB faculty, and representatives from accounting employers to learn what you need to know about landing an internship and a full-time accounting position. All majors welcome!
Munday Mentor Program
Sponsored by Bank of America, this peer-to-peer mentorship program allows MSBers to connect with each other, attend special networking events, and explore opportunities in the Austin Business environment.
The Munday Mentors strive to provide academic, professional, and personal support to business students at St. Edward’s University. Through one-on-one support, Munday Mentors will foster meaningful relationships, promote a positive attitude towards academics, and encourage lifelong learning.
MSB Alumni Panels
Join MSB Alumni as they reflect on their time at St. Edward's, share their post-graduation stories, and explain what it's like to work in a fast paced, business ecosystem.
Distinguished Marketing Speaker
Hilltop AMA invites distinguished marketers from the Austin business community as guest speakers for our students. The professionals share insight on the various roles within marketing, digital media, and social media management.
This event is co-hosted by the Hilltop American Marketing Association student chapter and the Department of Marketing, Operations and Analytics Department.