Earn a digital marketing degree in 16 months – online
Designed to position marketing professionals for success in a rapidly evolving industry, the online Master of Science in Digital Marketing and Analytics empowers graduates with current and relevant coursework in all aspects of digital marketing.
Introducing the Program Director
Debra Zahay-Blatz, PhD, is a true thought leader. She co-authored the fourth edition of Internet Marketing: Integrating Online and Offline Strategies in a Digital Environment, and authored Digital Marketing Management: A Handbook for the Current (or Future) CEO. Zahay-Blatz owns a consulting firm and is active in the industry. Enroll for a front-row seat to her expertise. Follow her @zahay.
Graduates of the online MS in Digital Marketing and Analytics will develop a competitive digital knowledge base to manage and apply big data, business intelligence and analytics, digital and social media analytics, marketing automation systems, user interface design and digital innovations in mobile marketing. In addition to required coursework, students complete two certifications from top digital platforms and a series of interactive assignments relevant to their current careers.
Completed online within 16 months, students benefit from the current influx of industry trends constantly updated by faculty members immersed in the field. It is the professional experience of the faculty and the focus on technology and analytics that set the online MS in Digital Marketing and Analytics apart from any other graduate program today. For more information, call 512-326-7501.
For detailed descriptions, please request a Program Overview.
- Digital Marketing Fundamentals
- Marketing Data Analytics
- Social Media Marketing
- Model Building and Analysis
- Marketing Tools and Technologies
- Buyer Behavior Analysis
- Marketing Metrics and Analytics
- Customer Experience Marketing
- Social Media Analytics
- Managing the Digital Marketing Organization (Portfolio is co-requirement)
Students studying in the online MS in Digital Marketing and Analytics program will gain professional competency in the following areas:
- Aligning digital marketing techniques to an annual marketing strategy and budget
- Demonstrating proficiency in a wide range of digital marketing platforms, analytics toolkits and marketing automation tools
- Creating and executing social media campaigns with a focus on analytics
- Understanding the application of social networks and web-based analytics as business tools for the digital enterprise
Career paths for graduates are varied and may include:
- Digital Marketing Analyst
- Digital Marketing and Analytics Manager
- Director of Digital Marketing and Analytics
- Metrics Analyst, Digital Marketing
- Web Analytics/Conversion Specialist
- Marketing Researcher
- UX Specialist
- SEO and PPC Specialists
Meet the Faculty
The MS in Digital Marketing and Analytics was designed by Professor Debra Zahay-Blatz, an industry recognized digital marketer who literally wrote the book on the topic (her textbooks on Internet Marketing, Social Media Marketing and Digital Marketing Management are used throughout the program). Zahay-Blatz recruited top tier faculty for this program — each with teaching and industry experience in digital marketing. Participating faculty include: Juli James, PhD, one of only 60 Marketo (a marketing automation tool) Champions in the world, and Wes Pollitte, PhD, who is recognized for his expertise in analytics.
How to Apply
Completed in 16-months, students benefit from the current marketing curriculum with a focus on the technology and analytics delivered by the online MS in Digital Marketing and Analytics. To apply for the program, students are required to have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and complete the application process.
1. Online Application: Complete the online application.
Create and validate your account, then begin the application.
Note there is a $50 application fee to apply.
2. Official Transcripts: St. Edward’s University prefers transcripts submitted electronically. If your undergraduate institution does not provide electronic transcripts, please have official transcripts mailed to:
St. Edward’s University
Office of Admissions
3001 South Congress
Austin, Texas 78704-6489
3. Submit Personal Statement: Use the personal statement to describe your background and interests and to explain why you wish to pursue a MS in Digital Marketing and Analytics. Please include some information on your post-graduation goals.
4. International Students: Foreign applicants may be required to submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to demonstrate proficiency in English sufficient to successfully complete the program.
NOTE: The GRE and/or other standardized admissions tests are not required for admission.
Once this information is submitted, a rolling admissions process is used to evaluate each candidate. Prospective students should expect to be contacted within two business days of their finalized application regarding next steps. After that, the application will be presented to the Admissions Committee, and students should expect to hear back within two weeks on their acceptance to the MS in Digital Marketing and Analytics program.