Student Disability Services provides assistance to faculty in the implementation of academic accommodations in their classrooms and provides ongoing support through individual consultations.
We have developed an Accommodations Guide for Faculty with FAQs, common accommodation procedures, and up-to-date contact information for the office.
SDS welcomes individual consultations with faculty; common individual consultation topics include:
- Questions regarding the implementation of approved accommodations specific to a course
- Concerns about student access or brainstorming creative solutions to barriers
- Creating an inclusive environment for students with disabilities to thrive
SDS is also available for more formal presentations to faculty groups; previous presentation topics include:
- How to develop departmental-wide policies for accommodating students with disabilities
- Education about specific types of disabilities and rationale for accommodation
- Best practices for communication regarding accommodation