Earn a dual degree in Mathematics and Engineering.
Through this dual-degree program, you’ll earn a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from St. Edward’s University in Austin.
After your junior or senior year at St. Edward’s, you’ll complete two years at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, earning a second degree from one of five departments at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Systems Engineering
- Energy, Environmental and Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and Material Science
This program graduates engineers with strong communication and problem-solving skills, a broad background in the humanities and social sciences, and high-quality technical education. Participants are undergraduate students who commonly follow either a 3-2 or a 4-2 schedule, entering Washington University after their junior or senior year.
Additional program advantages include:
- The opportunity to complete degrees in two diverse areas (Mathematics and Engineering)
- Extra time to pursue other academic, athletic, or extracurricular interests
- The opportunity to use the supportive, personalized environment of a small liberal arts institution to develop the skills and confidence needed for success in engineering
- The chance to acquire scientific problem-solving skills necessary to be effective in today's technology-oriented society
To prepare for career opportunities that require multidisciplinary teams to address challenges, students in the dual degree program will develop strong oral and written communications, problem-solving, and teamwork skills.
Applications are typically submitted during the winter of a student’s junior or senior year. Application deadline is February 28. There is no application fee. Do not apply using the Common Application.
Information about financial aid while attending Washington University.
St. Edward's University point of contact
Prof. Paul Walter